In short Lyme has ruined my life.

sicmetals23

Thought I would post this as a topic for others to read and perhaps get some assurance that they are not alone in their suffering with Lyme. Unfortunately as so many of us know Lyme disease is treated by many medical professionals as a fake disease. Well I for one disagree with this on just about every level. Then on the flip side you have "quacks" that are trying to do nothing more than extort money from you by miracle cures and treatments. I think it is obvious to most that have late stage Lyme that there is not some fix all, and that holding on to an electrode while counting backwards and crossing your legs isn't going to somehow reverse the damage done by Lyme. I have been living with I now for over 3 years, my condition has not really improved much over that time, just new symptoms, new issues, new pain and swelling and overall poor health. I have arrived now at the threshold of having surgeries to help correct some of the damage cause by Lyme, and honestly it is really difficult to continue. I have a very strong constitution, and desire to succeed in everything in life, but still have always maintained the understanding that not everything is 100% achievable or attainable sometimes. But Lyme has really killed that side of me, the constant pain is exhausting, the bills, the agony and doubts, it just goes on and on. If anyone wants to vent feel free, at this point I think it is all a lot of us have left.

I've had Lyme for 15 years and have been treating it for 10 months with no improvements. I'm just grateful to finally have a diagnosis, and reading stories from other people with Lyme has been incredibly helpful. Hopefully I can get some practical help and maybe even be of help to someone else with Lyme.

Thought I would post this as a topic for others to read and perhaps get some assurance that they are not alone in their suffering with Lyme. Unfortunately as so many of us know Lyme disease is treated by many medical professionals as a fake disease. Well I for one disagree with this on just about every level. Then on the flip side you have "quacks" that are trying to do nothing more than extort money from you by miracle cures and treatments. I think it is obvious to most that have late stage Lyme that there is not some fix all, and that holding on to an electrode while counting backwards and crossing your legs isn't going to somehow reverse the damage done by Lyme. I have been living with I now for over 3 years, my condition has not really improved much over that time, just new symptoms, new issues, new pain and swelling and overall poor health. I have arrived now at the threshold of having surgeries to help correct some of the damage cause by Lyme, and honestly it is really difficult to continue. I have a very strong constitution, and desire to succeed in everything in life, but still have always maintained the understanding that not everything is 100% achievable or attainable sometimes. But Lyme has really killed that side of me, the constant pain is exhausting, the bills, the agony and doubts, it just goes on and on. If anyone wants to vent feel free, at this point I think it is all a lot of us have left.

I've had Lyme for 15 years and have been treating it for 10 months with no improvements. I'm just grateful to finally have a diagnosis, and reading stories from other people with Lyme has been incredibly helpful. Hopefully I can get some practical help and maybe even be of help to someone else with Lyme.
Do you mind me asking what some of your symptoms were? I have been sick for the last 3 years and would just like to live "normal: again. Be able to walk without difficulty. Be able to not feel like my feet are incased in concrete. To be able to hold onto something without it just dropping out of my hand. The damage that has been done to my nerves and the constant pain is exhausting. Like you, I am now having to have surgeries to take care of the damage that was done during treatment that they did when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.
ALSO, how were you finally able to be tested for Lyme and how long after symptoms started were you tested?
I feel your pain and it does help to know you are not alone.

Do you mind me asking what some of your symptoms were? I have been sick for the last 3 years and would just like to live "normal: again. Be able to walk without difficulty. Be able to not feel like my feet are incased in concrete. To be able to hold onto something without it just dropping out of my hand. The damage that has been done to my nerves and the constant pain is exhausting. Like you, I am now having to have surgeries to take care of the damage that was done during treatment that they did when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.
ALSO, how were you finally able to be tested for Lyme and how long after symptoms started were you tested?
I feel your pain and it does help to know you are not alone.

Forever. 23 years ago I was bit and 22 years ago I was bit again. My life was ruined. Constant aches and pain. Some days are better than others and the amount of ibuprofen I have to take daily will kill me. The fatigue I use massive amounts of ginseng with gets me through the day. I used to take doxy two months out of the year but that made me so photosensitive that I had to stop. Now I just try to endure

I had Lyme for a suspected 18+ months at the time of my diagnosis. I was able to get a test by a local doctor who was brand new to the area. She was appalled that other physicians refused to test me for the disease. My body is so damaged at this point that I might as well die. Lyme or the result thereof is a slow killer. Things continue to decline, cognitive abilities and and everything else. Doctors just seem to blow it off, we live in a very ignorant society today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back