PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone whom has been diagnosed been tested for LYME disease?

Unregistered
01-12-2015, 02:12 PM
During my own personal research before i was told it was Fibro I had already concluded it may be either that or LYME disease.

Has anyone here whom has been diagnosed taken a test for LYME disease? Unlike a Fibro test which is basically non existant(?) a test for lyme disease should prove either negative or positive.

Your odds of having being bitten by a tick would increase if you are an outdoors hiker/camper/hunter etc...

I only ask this question as I myself will probably ask for a test. I had been bitten by ticks before at the time not knowing which insect left that funny red dot with a circle around it. Hence in my case i have a valid concern. I wonder if anyone ( including myself ) could have been misdiagnosed.

Unregistered
01-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Hello
I asked for a Lyme test about 4 to 5 yrs before I was diagnosed with fibro. It was negative.

Unregistered
01-16-2015, 02:15 AM
Hi there,

yes I was also tested for Lyme disease also because my MRI's show multiple brain lesions. But apparently these are caused by my chronic migraines. It a good idea to get tested for this especially if you recall being bit my ticks in the past.

Lyndsey

Unregistered
01-16-2015, 11:52 PM
negative for lyme
negative ANA which is for systemic lupus, although I do have discoid lupus which is diagnosed with a biopsy.

Unregistered
01-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Negative for both kinds of lyme test (the generic and the more specific).

Unregistered
01-17-2015, 10:24 AM
We don't have it here in the uk.

Unregistered
01-17-2015, 08:32 PM
I have had tests over and over, but they were always negative.

Unregistered
01-23-2015, 07:33 AM
I also was convinced forever it was Lyme, still not convinced it's not. However have had both test and 2 negatives. Spent 7 years in the military so many bites who would know. I think with more and more research many of us will be surprised what is all to come. Hang in there but definitely get tested.

Unregistered
01-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I was tested for Lymes which was negative, prior to being tested for Fibro. You should definitely be tested.