Lyme disease and Covid19

amymcdo3

Has anyone with Lyme had Covid19? I am worried that having Lyme has weakened my immune system and would not be able to fight off covid19.

Is there any way Lyme Disease could kill off the COVID? As in, the Lyme Borrelia Spirochete could be territorial within their host?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone with Lyme had Covid19? I am worried that having Lyme has weakened my immune system and would not be able to fight off covid19.
When I first contracted COVID-19 I was recently infected with Lyme. To be honest it nearly killed me. I went through months of therapy just to be able to function at 50% of my previous level. I couldn't walk for several months, in addition I had several neurological problems and amazing bouts with pain and swelling. I personally think the two infections worked hand in hand to slowly destroy my body. I have so many medical issues now that it is difficult to continue on. There is no doubt in my mind after having been afflicted by both that Lyme disease certainly increases the risk associated with COVID-19 or even other normal viruses that we can normally fight off without issues. If you think you contracted COVID-19 don't wait to see your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back