Skin sensitivity after Lyme disease

MZa

Hello everyone,
I'm writing here in the hope of finding some answers.
My husband got Lyme disease last year and was treated 2 months after the bite. He has fully recovered, but his skin has changed ever since: it is much more sensitive when undergoes stress, such as getting tattoed or sunbathed. It kinda gets burnt and peels off. Has anyone experienced similar conditions? Thank you for your help!

Hi welcome.

People that have been infected with Lyme disease often experience hypersensitivity of the skin. One study showed 70% of individuals had sensitivity to light alone.

The patient group mentioned above were known as "seropositive patients". Seropositive patients are people having seropositive RA which is blood having antibodies that can attack your body and inflame your joints.

I'm not sure whether there's a test his doctor can run to test for anti-cyclic citrullinated peptides (your doctor may call them anti-CCPs), or anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPAs).

For more information on this topic you might want to refer to the NLM article here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9707590/#:~:text=Lyme disease seropositivity estimates by,high risk (Table 1).

I think speaking with his doctor and explaining his history might be the best course of action.

If you would remember to send us an update that would be fantastic.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back