Hello

I was diagnosed with Lyme almost 2 weeks after my symptoms appeared. I had extreme fatigue, fever, below average concentration, muscle aches, anxiety and depression. I got on doxycycline (2 100mg tablets a day) and within 5 days of starting that, I started to develop pretty debilitating brain fog, which got worse until I stopped taking it (I took it a total of 10 days). A whole month has passed since I have stopped doxycycline, and I still feel brain fog, and mental health issues, is this PTLDS, or am I still recovering from antibiotic (since my bacteria in my stomach take time to regenerate).

good for you - you know your disease. Many people don't. It's a 50% success. Bad news - it's hard to treat. Doxycycline is a good intracellular antibiotic to start, however it will not destroy spores, it will destroy active forms of borrelia. Therefore, you will need antibiotic to destroy spores as well - something like metronidazole ( 7 day take, 3 days - off). You will also need a medication to treat biofilms - something like Acetylcysteine, also known as N-acetylcysteine (NAC). So, now you see, you at least three medications. After the course of Doxycycline (approx 20 days) you will need a second antibiotic - Ceftriaxone - is intercellular antibiotic (28 days). So, you need two antibiotics -intercellular and intracellular, it will take you approx 48 days, metronidazole - 4 -5 cycles, and Acetylcysteine during all this period, take it before you take antibiotic.

Why you feel bad - it's a pretty nasty infection, it poisons your organism with toxins, it gets to all parts of your body and makes lots of changes. To feel better you need not only take meds, but also you need to detox: you need to drink a lot - the best choice is water with apple vinegar and to sit in sauna for 30 minutes every day or every other day at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back