Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 11:58 AM #1
New Member (Say Hi)

kdrymer is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Upstate
State: NY
Interest: I am interested in learning about Lyme disease.
kdrymer is on a distinguished road
Default Lyme disease from blood of deer

I am wondering whether it is possible to develop Lyme disease from getting a cut to a finger with a knife that had blood from a deer on it?

Long story but the above situation occurred last December while I was working on cutting raw deer meat and over the last 6 months or so I have developed various neurological issues, including, muscle spasms/twitching, muscle cramping, hand/arm tremors, eye irritation and blurriness, general fatigue at times, and shoulder pain?

Iv'e been tested for Lyme disease 3 times now, and all 3 tests have come back negative. 2 of the tests were the ELISA test, and the 3rd test was the Western Blot. It seems unlikely it could still be Lyme, but I thought I would pose the question above.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:35 PM #2
New Member (Say Hi)

Faith is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Verona
State: New York
Interest: Other
Faith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lyme disease from blood of deer

Hello ! I am a newbie here . I was about to post a question myself but read yours first .
I just wished to tell you that I read an article here in central New York recently about a threat of Chronic Wasting Disease spreading again among deer . It might be another thing to look at . However I have read that some people with Lymes never test positive! What a nightmare . Best to you !
Closed Thread