Lyme Diagnosing and ABX

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie10298

Extremely Helpful Member
If you're being treated for Lyme, it means you're on ABX even though no test suggests that you have it -- questionable advice. As for mycoplasma, that's a known common scam, esp. in Cali, but won't litigate that here. Maybe you have CFS, (which abx won't help with) but maybe inadequate testing was done. If you do have CFS, there are modes to treat symptoms but you didn't mention any. So I don't know that even if you have CFS, it's being adequately treated.

Abx have their short and long-term side effects, so we don't know what your health would be without them at this point. I would seek care from a new-to-you internist who can go back to square one and an objective diagnostic process to help you address any systemic illness or nutritional/other deficiency and feel the best you can because of appropriate treatment, not just feeling like you are doing something. But you don't belong here -- good news!

Best,
Laurie

Re: Is this FALS/FTD

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply! I think Lyme is probably the correct dx it just may be a form of Lyme that doesn't show up on American borrealis WB - miyamoto or garinii. Just thought I'd check with people about als. Thanks again!

If ABX is not working after months, reaccess your probiotic options. ABX antibiotics are not and will never be the cure for Lyme disease and you should discuss other options with your doctor. There are optimal conditions to be maintained by taking taking probiotics, drinking plenty of water and increased intake of cheap fats like Omega -3 fats.

I joined this forum for a person who is very close to me, sadly she is on ABX, but there is always this feeling of iffiness, because I think we will never be 100% sure she truly has it (didn't show up in the tests). This kind of reminds me about my own fibro diagnosis, the trigger point test didn't yield any clear results, but since the doc had no other explanation for my pain... given my age and my Hx he diagnosed me with fibro. The same thing happened with my relative. It's terrible some of us have to live with uncertainty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back