Dо yоu knоw thе nаmе оf сеlеbritiеs whо suffеrеd frоm lymе disеаsе?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benoit W

Аlес Bаldwin, Сhristiе Brinklеy,
Аvril Lаvignе,Yоlаndа Fоstеr,Bеn Stillеr,Miсhаеl J. Fоx,
Сhristy Turlingtоn Burns,Pеtе Sееgеr,Аliсе Wаlkеr,Pаrkеr Pоsеy,
Pеtеr Sаrsgааrd,
Dеbbiе Gibsоn,Dаryl Hаll,
Tоm Sеаvеr,Jаnе Аlеxаndеr, еvеn Gеоrgе W. Bush(fоrmеr prеsidеnt оf USА) аnd mаny mоrе likе thеm...

Re: Dо yоu knоw thе nаmе оf сеlеbritiеs whо suffеrеd frоm lymе disеаsе?

I remember hearing one of the Olsen twins had Lyme; but I'd be surprised if much of what is read online has much substance to it.

Richard Gere was treated years ago and even did a public statement if I remember correctly. But he was caught earlier and never had any further issues.

I had no idea Alec Baldwin had Lyme :O I did know about Avril Lavigne, because she talked about it very openly, and according to her she was incredibly sick for a while. In my country there is a famous singer whose mother almost dies because of Lyme. I was a little girl back then, I recall that was the first time I heard about Lyme.

Oh! I just started a thread on this very topic, not having seen yours! So I apologize about that!

A big part of my first steps in learning more about Lyme disease was learning about celebrities or high profile people that had the disease. My brother and sister in law were pretty distraught when my niece was diagnosed, but I think when they learned that there are lots of high profile people with it that it helped them realize it's not something that prohibits you from being successful.

I'm not too surprised about Alec Baldwin or former President Bush. Both are avid outdoors men and being near the west coasts forests and outback; that's were the Tick-born diseases have a high prevalence.

Avril Lavigne is more surprising for me :)

Lots of these celebrities often got bit with the tick because they were in an area where these ticks and the disease itself was frequent. i don't think it has anything to do with celebrity status or anything. Anyone can be bit by these ticks, regardless of gender, social status, or even financial status. It's just a case of being in the wrong place and the wrong time, and even celebrities can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back