What is chronic Lyme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

Hi! I'm fairly new in the forum, and I've been coming across this term quite often: ''chronic Lyme''. What's the difference between Lyme and chronic Lyme? Is there really such a thing? I mean, once you get Lyme... doesn't it disappear from your body after treatment? Or is this caused by reinfection? Can someone tell me? I know there is a lot info online, but it's so confusing.

I still have a lot questions regarding Lyme, I hope you guys can help.

Hi! I'm fairly new in the forum, and I've been coming across this term quite often: ''chronic Lyme''. What's the difference between Lyme and chronic Lyme? Is there really such a thing? I mean, once you get Lyme... doesn't it disappear from your body after treatment? Or is this caused by reinfection? Can someone tell me? I know there is a lot info online, but it's so confusing.

I still have a lot questions regarding Lyme, I hope you guys can help.

Сhrоniс mеаns thаt thе bасtеriа hаvе еntеrеd intо thе tissuеs, bоnе, brаin, еtс. аnd is hаrd tо dеtесt in thе blооd. Thаt's why it is sо hаrd tо tеst fоr Lymе whеn sоmеоnе is сhrоniс. I'm аssuming it mаttеrs whеrе thаt pеrsоn wаs bit аnd hоw fаst thе bасtеriа gо intо thе tissuе, brаin, еtс..
In my оpiniоn, I think it is pоssiblе tо trеаt, nоt сurе, Сhrоniс Lymе Disеаsе. It is put intо rеmissiоn. Whеn this hаppеns, yоur оwn bоdiеs immunе systеm is hаndling it.

Many say that chronic lyme does not exist. Doctors, and the IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America) say that Lyme is curable with antibiotics and that symptoms do not persist beyond successful treatment. The problem is, there's more than a few of us that do have symptoms long after being "cured". It's at this point you fall into an area of unknown and start to sound like a hypochondriac if symptoms do persist longer than what would be expected after a course of treatment.

Many say that chronic lyme does not exist. Doctors, and the IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America) say that Lyme is curable with antibiotics and that symptoms do not persist beyond successful treatment. The problem is, there's more than a few of us that do have symptoms long after being "cured". It's at this point you fall into an area of unknown and start to sound like a hypochondriac if symptoms do persist longer than what would be expected after a course of treatment.

So it's similar to Brucellosis infection in that sense! I don't understand so well how this work, but a doctor told me about bacterial infections, and how the ''scar'' stays there and can be be active again if the body defenses are too low. I'm not sure if it works this way with all bacteria, either way that would explain a lot things!

Сhrоniс mеаns thаt thе bасtеriа hаvе еntеrеd intо thе tissuеs, bоnе, brаin, еtс. аnd is hаrd tо dеtесt in thе blооd. Thаt's why it is sо hаrd tо tеst fоr Lymе whеn sоmеоnе is сhrоniс. I'm аssuming it mаttеrs whеrе thаt pеrsоn wаs bit аnd hоw fаst thе bасtеriа gо intо thе tissuе, brаin, еtс..
In my оpiniоn, I think it is pоssiblе tо trеаt, nоt сurе, Сhrоniс Lymе Disеаsе. It is put intо rеmissiоn. Whеn this hаppеns, yоur оwn bоdiеs immunе systеm is hаndling it.

I've read all sorts versions on this topic, mostly regarding to brucelosis infection. My old GP told me that once you are infected with a bacteria it can become active again even after blood tests show low values, but I guess it varies from bacteria to bacteria? This is so complex! Wish there was a book on the specific topic I could read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back