Here's Exactly What to Do If You Find a Tick on Your Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

A very interesting little article that instructs you what to do in case you find a think on your clothes.

If you plan to spend a lot of time outdoors this summer, you'll want to be up on this latest study from the journal Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases.

In a series of experiments that involved more than 1,000 lab-raised blacklegged (aka deer) adult and immature ticks, researchers determined the very best way to get the creepy-crawly critters off your clothes: Put your duds in the dryer on high heat for a minimum of six minutes.

For the full article, simply copy the title of this thread and paste it into your preferred search engine.

Thankfully I haven't yet found a tick on my clothes - but it's good to know of some tips to prevent them if I do find one. We do get ticks here, but probably not as much as some other states. Awareness to me though is a big key to prevention!

Thanks for the tip. Is a fact that ticks are vulnerable to high temperatures and don't like making contact with an intolerably warm surface, even if is the skin of a healthy host.

Probably not a bad idea for kids. If they are playing outdoors and you don´t have time to get them baths and change clothes at that moment, just have them through their current clothes in the dryer for a few minutes. Ticks dry out very quickly, even just being trapped in full sunlight for a few minutes will kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back