Hi from OH!

BabesiaBites

Hi,
my name is Jen, and I am a fairly recent transplant from CA to OH. I always loved being outdoors, and could usually be found either swimming and surfing in the ocean or hiking in the foothills.

In 2012, I started experiencing some really weird symptoms - electrical current feelings along my spine and scalp, weak limbs, terrible brain fog, awful short term memory, migraines, air hunger, off balance feelings, and this constant dizziness/vertigo that would be with me all day. I also had these oddball temperature regulation problems - hot and sweaty when it was in the 30s outside, freezing cold in the heat of August.

I went to several doctors over the years, each of them guessing at what the heck was wrong with me. One said anxiety, one guessed MS, one said it was probably depression. I knew something else was causing the problems, though, so I kept up my quest to find a doctor who listened to me - not easy!

Finally, I was diagnosed with Lyme and Babesia in February of 2016. It was a relief to know what was happening, and I never thought I would be so happy to have a diagnosis. The doctor said he had never seen so much smiling when telling someone a diagnosis of an illness! :)

As I continue healing (still experiencing the occasional strange symptoms), I really wanted to find an online community of people who understand what I am going through every day.

I was so happy to find this community! :)

I'm an Ohio transplant, too. I was bitten by a tick while visiting Maine and was fortunate to have a doctor in Ohio who actually listened to me. I was infected in 2009, the first case my doctor had heard of - he said I'm his first Lyme thumbtack on the map. I'm glad you finally recieved the correct diagnosis and can be properly treated!

Hey Jen, It's so good to find another Lyme sufferer in Ohio. I live near Warren and have had it for about 1 1/2 yrs. I was told no one in Ohio had it so I guess I wasn't as careful as I should've been. I have all the symptoms. I love the term "air hunger" It really fits. You give me hope. I need hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back