Chronic Lyme/Post Lyme Treatment Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogers524

I'm a 32 year old male in Rhode Island. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Lyme and Ehrlichia. I used an LLMD out of Bridgeport, CT and over 8 months was treated by antibiotics and B12 shots. At that point I decided that it was necessary to return to work and discontinued treatment. Things have been "fine" for the majority of the time and it has been over a year without treatment. Now I'm experiencing what I'd characterize as flare ups. It has slowly progressed from joint pain in my elbow alone to all my joints. Daytime fatigue and insomnia then became the normal. I could be awake until 5am and once I finally fall asleep I would be in bed until between 1 and 3 pm. My vision seems to have developed a slight blur and has nothing out of the ordinary in an eye exam. Body aches last through entire days other than a few hours at night. My cognitive functions are slowly degrading. I drop things randomly and constantly feel a weakness. My learning abilities are quickly sinking and I'm potentially going to fail out of my schooling this year because of it. I don't know what to do, where to turn, or how to pull out of this. Any help is appreciated.

I'm curious, what does your doctor say about all of this?

In some ways it sounds like you could benefit speaking to a neurologist, but that would require a recommendation from your doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back