Bella Hadid writes emotional note about her Mom's Lyme Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

lymegreen

Read this article online about Bella Hadid speaking about her mom's battle with Lyme. The family are great advocates for raising awareness of Lyme.

Bella Hadid has applauded her mother Yolanda while revealing the profound impact Lyme disease has had one her mom's life.

In a touching message posted to her Instagram account on Tuesday in honour of her mother's upcoming book Believe Me: My Battle With the Invisible Disability of Lyme Disease, the 19-year-old raved about her mother as she wrote about feeling helpless while watching her mom struggle.

Bella, who also has Lyme disease, praised her mother's compassion, while recalling having to drive Yolanda to the hospital at three in the morning to receive a shot.

'I am also SO proud of my mom @yolanda.hadid today and everyday. This book marks such an incredible day for you. I have seen you in bed, struggling for the past 5 years of our lives, thinking to myself "why would this happen to such an angel?",' she wrote in the caption of the Instagram snap, which was of Yolanda's book cover.

'I would cry to myself knowing that there was nothing I could do to help and that there were people going against you and what you are/were going through.

'Incidents where you would be so sick, not being able to move your bones/body, and I would have to drive you to the hospital at 3 am so I could see you get a shot of something just like every other day you would have to do treatment.

'You have been in more doctors labs and testing rooms every SINGLE day, then I have ever seen in my life... To find a CURE for people around the world.

Is anyone here supporting a parent who is battling Lyme Disease? Care to share your experiences with the situation?

I can't even imagine seeing our parents sick, I'd get emotional too.

Indeed - I think it's hard when a child almost comes into that caretaker mode, when a parent requires that level of care. A big role reversal. Though, Bella has mentioned that her and her brother Anwar also have been diagnosed with Lyme now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back