Treatment Question

jryan

My son (17 y.o.) was at his doctor for some routine immunizations last week, a few days before he joined the U.S. Army. During the visit, he told the doctor that he had joint pain two or three times per year. The doctor took blood to check for lyme, and my son left home and is now at basic training. After he left the doctor called with the diagnosis of late lyme and prescription for Amoxicillin. The Army will give my son one phone call home, likely tonight. After that, it will be difficult for me to communicate with him. So, I will tell him about the diagnosis and prescription and tell him to go see the Army doctor right away.

My question is: How will the large dose of bicillin IM which my son undoubtedly received a few days ago affect this situation? Every new Army recruit receives such a shot in the buttock in the first few days of basic training. It is called the "peanut butter shot:" and it causes great pain in the buttock that lasts for days. Apparently, the Army wants to kill whatever germs new recruits might happen to have.

Of course, I am in communication with my son's home doctor and he will communicate with the Army doctors. But I am hoping that someone here will have some insight on this question. My son's home doctor frankly wasn't sure of the effect the bicillin IM would have had.

Thank you.

Is it Binicillin IM or Binicillin L-A?

Binicillin LA is used to prevent certain bacterial infections. The Binicillin is a long-acting penicillin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.

@jryan, I am surviving Lyme disease from 2000, My brilliant nutritionist advised me to use an integrative medicine approach to heal. He designed a tailor-made regime from metabolic-profile analysis work, aimed at detoxification methods (diet, herbs, homeopathics, sauna), nutritive supplements, acupuncture, and lifestyle changes. These were to restore the massive depletions and damages my bodily systems suffered from years of a rampant infection. We killed off the bacterial colonies with natural antimicrobials that included cat’s claw, Japanese knotweed, and teasel root. After five years of fortitude, commitment and hard work, I healed 100 percent. According to Everdayhealth Lyme diease is usually treated with antibiotics. What kind of antibiotic patients are prescribed varies depending on what stage of the disease they have. After you remove a deer tick that has been attached to you for at least 36 hours — the amount of time it takes for the tick to transmit the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi — there's a 72-hour window during which your doctor may give you a single dose of the antibiotic doxycycline to prevent the development of Lyme disease. Doxycycline is prescribed to patients age 8 and older, except for pregnant women.
If you already have stage 1 (localized) or stage 2 (early disseminated) Lyme disease with the telltale bull's-eye rash but no other significant symptoms, your doctor will most likely treat you with oral doxycycline, amoxicillin, or cefuroxime for 14 to 21 days.
But if you have meningitis or nerve issues from early Lyme disease, your treatment will require taking intravenous ceftriaxone for 14 days.
Do check out resources like LymeDisease.org

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone on this forum can help me. My daughter has been battling Lyme disease for 9 years now, it has completely wrecked her life. I was wondering if anyone had tried Methylene Blue and Rifampin antibiotics together and if so if they had any relief from their symptoms or any horrible side effects? Also if anyone has tried Daptomycin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back