Can you provide a testimonial for a book I'm writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlystar13

Dear Fellow Sufferers:

I was diagnosed with ME/CFS for over 5 years before a doctor discovered that I had Lyme disease. Because of this late diagnosis I was severely ill with chronic Lyme for 9 years and became bedbound for over 3 of them. I have finally recovered and am now writing a book that I hope to publish about how difficult my journey was, focusing on the severity of my symptoms and the lack of respect that is given from the medical profession, strangers, acquaintances and even friends and family members and how that makes attaining a proper diagnosis almost impossible. I am proposing that the cause of ME is often if not always some sort of pathogen attacking the body and if there was more research into the cause and more testing done by doctors on their patients they could identify the reason for the ME symptoms and cure many sufferers.

I am looking to add a testimonial to my book of another person’s similar experience in being misdiagnosed with ME before finally getting a Lyme disease diagnosis to reinforce what I am saying (to show that the cause of ME can often times be found and treated). Would anyone be willing to write a candid portrayal of their struggle? I would like the letter to focus on how poorly medical professionals treated you and how it felt to deal with on an emotional level (how you were ignored and given no respect), how difficult it was not knowing what was going on in your body or what to do about it, how the stigma by the medical profession blocked chances of getting a proper diagnosis and made chances of recovery more difficult, how your symptoms affected you daily (how hard they have been to deal with physically and emotionally and how they have restricted you from doing things in life). Its important that you clarify that you had ME as much as anyone else really has it. You had the symptoms that matched the description but was one of the lucky people who eventually found out the cause.

I would like your account to be about 1000-1500 words in length (just to give you an idea but it can be less or more if need be) and would need your contact information so that if the book does get published they can notify you. It can be kept confidential if you would like as you may want to express some things that are sensitive. I will choose the one that I feel is the most fitting for my book and reply to you by email whether or not I am going to include yours. You will not be paid for this but I hope you will view it as payment enough to be able to contribute to something that I pray with all of my being will help to open the minds and hearts of people around the country.

**email removed - please keep contact on the forum for the protection of all**

I wish each of you all of the luck in the world,
Carly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back