I've written a book on Lyme

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarah17768

I have written a 154-page book on Lyme.

The first edition is available in PDF format, and I'm making it available free of charge for the rest of 2011 to the readers of this forum, in the hope someone can post a review later on.

Message me if you're interested and I'll email you the book.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're interested in having us review it, can you post your pdf here? Although I don't think there's much correlation between them, after spending nearly a year thinking that it had to be Lyme, not ALS that I had... I did read about it online as well as in the book "Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic".... I'd be interested in reading your research.

I agree with HelenL. You will have some reviews if you will post it on this forum. Otherwise, most people will not want to send individual emails to get it because we are not familiar with who you are and we don't want to end up getting spam emails, etc. I am sure you can understand that point.
10Starr

Wow... where to start, where to start...

Well, you obviously didn't actually go get the education needed to be a research journalist, otherwise you would not have spent heaven knows how long writing (if you can call it that) a "book" completely based on unreliable resources (ie, websites) including wikipedia (which is never never never ever a source. Period). Have you ever actually visited a research library? Do you even know what ERIC is? I'm tempted to send this to some of my friends who oversee doctoral disertations as it is an EXCELLENT, in fact, textbook example of how not to write a dissertation or any other research document (especially the parts where you have citations that have a "google" address... thank you for the laugh!)

Your research might (and that's a really big might) qualify as interesting or relevant if you actually interviewed some actual scientists and doctors themselves, rather than digging up vague quotes and working them into your, er, "theory." Some actual genuine research on YOUR part, or on the part of an actual medicial professional or scientist working in conjuction with you on this "research," might give you the tiniest drop of credibility (yet another huge might).

While I really have no issue with you sending this out "free" to whomever you wish so that each individual came come to their own (hopefully logical) conclussions about your "research," I DO have issue with your intent to publish and SELL this. Why? Because pALS have enough financial obligations to take care of without spending a dime on a waste of paper, ink, and time, and completely unfounded and false hope.

"In my opinion, this 'book' ranks right up there with the snake oil salesmen who promise a cure for ALS and rob pALS of hundreds of thousands of dollars for completely ineffective and potentially dangerous 'treatments'."

You can feel free to use that quote on your bookjacket.

OK, then here is the link:

I'll give you credit for having a pair of great big fuzzy testicles for asking for reviews on a site that you stole screen captured posts from to use as materials in your book. Didn't even have the decency to obscure the identifying information of the posters in the screen captures and used those names in your text so everybody was absolutely certain what those usernames were.

I'll be passing your new website along to the folks at ALSUntangled so they can lump you in with the other quacktards. Hope you enjoyed your stay here. If chuzpah was currency, you'd be richer than Bill Gates.

I had to include my sources to back up my postulations, that is normal practice. This is a public forum, and anyone who posts here posts here for anyone to see. Usually using a moniker, to safeguard anonimity. I also used blog posts in fairt use, because they are crucial to back up my postulations, and because many of the authors are deceased, the postings may disappear forever soon.

I just had to cry, after what some of you wrote in this thread. I spend months on this book, and I wrote yesterday (European time) that I changed my mind about asking money for it. But that posting was censored. My intention was to have hosting covered, but now I will offer it free forever, to those few who will find their way to it, seen the censorship on ALS forums.

i think you meant well i have not seen it , you are not experienced in how to make you book believable , or legal aspects , some do believe it is caused by Lyme's disease , others chemicals , and others a d.n.a mess up ... we all have our own thoughts and some of us agree we have some similar stories but , no one really knows , and we all fight this in our own way to find the answer with every being of our body and soul's ... you are a beginner as a writer and medical back up thou most of us do have same feelings to quote us . so don't take this to heart you did work a long time on it so i give you an A for effort and caring .... hugs

I had to include my sources to back up my postulations, that is normal practice. This is a public forum, and anyone who posts here posts here for anyone to see. Usually using a moniker, to safeguard anonimity. I also used blog posts in fairt use, because they are crucial to back up my postulations, and because many of the authors are deceased, the postings may disappear forever soon.

I just had to cry, after what some of you wrote in this thread. I spend months on this book, and I wrote yesterday (European time) that I changed my mind about asking money for it. But that posting was censored. My intention was to have hosting covered, but now I will offer it free forever, to those few who will find their way to it, seen the censorship on ALS forums.

I'm shutting this thread down.

Copyright on the web is tricky business.

However, capturing and displaying actual sceenshots in your book is a violation of the ALSforums owner's copyright in the design elements of this site. Kindly remove all ALSforums screenshots from your book and website.

I also submit that you should have obtained the author's consent for each of the posts you submitted. All of which are copied out of context and contain unsubstantiated anecdotal information.

FOR THE RECORD - NO ONE AT ALSFORUMS HAS GIVEN THEIR SUPPORT OR APPROVAL FOR THIS PUBLICATION.

The book also contains a link to the author's "Wellness Centre" and we will not allow ALSforums to be used to directly or indirectly promote this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back