Tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

eva21561

Hello,
I have been to neurologist nr 4 in the past 1,5 years. He does not have a clue what is going on with my body.
Since december 2013 I have been twitching, at the beginning it just affected the inner side of my right foot. Since then it has spread, first to all the foot, then to the calve, thigh, the other leg, belly, back, shoulders, arms, hands, face and tongue.
My right hip is weakend and it is hard to stand right (to lean on right hip it impossible). I have cramps in the inner foot where my twitches began.
My thumps (first the left, then the right) has turned all weird. I hope I can post a photo. I have trubbe opening bars, lifting blankets etc.
Evevry morning I am really stiff in my calves to the point that it is hard walking, I tend to "trip" forward when trying to walk. I have to hold my hands at the table to get up from the sofa.
My fourth neurologist says " I dont think this is ALS or some other motor neuron desiese. But he does dot know what is going on. He talks about overmobility in the joints, possible myophatia, hormone deficiency etc. But I have taken all the blood test before: no lyme disease, no hormone deficency in my blood, no brain tumor etc.
I am obese and he wants me to loose weight. Normally, thats fine with me, but if it really turns out to be a motor neuron disease, that would not be the way to go? I dont know if I really care anymore about what this is, just wants an answer, so I know what to expect and hold on to. Sooo tired. :cry:

Maybe it's not neurological.

It doesn't look like ALS to me, at all. Cramps and stiffness do not diagnose ALS. Twitches can be anything. If your neurologist doesn't suspect ALS/MND, then you shouldn't either.

Maybe you should consult a rheumatologist, osteoarthritis could be an option since you are overweight ( since you are using the term obese, I am presuming you weigh on the higher end of the body mass scale ).

Have you had your circulation checked? Once again, overweight in the higher end of the scale can constrict nerve passageways. How is your diet? Nutritional deficiences could be an option.

My advice would be to go back to your GP and ask for an endocrinology workup if not already done, rheumatology referral and a diagnostic workup for circulation and vascular disease. Bear in mind, I am no doctor, these are merely suggestions.

Good luck!

I am not a doctor so I am not really qualified to answer as too why you have cramps and all. But, you might try drinking more fluids and keep yourself hydrated well. It might help you out a little. Good luck to you. It doesn't sound like ALS to me at all. But, I am far from a expert on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back