Billboard Helps People Get Diagnosed Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

These billboards are a great way to educate a community, if you are interested, contact the Lyme Disease organization, they might help you out.

Are you trying to educate your community? What about a billboard?

Last week I told you about the group in Arizona that has decided to create a billboard campaign for Lyme Disease Awareness Month. A lady named Marie called to ask if we had any artwork or suggestions for what they could put on their board.

Their timing was right on because LymeDisease.org has just launched our interactive symptoms checklist tool (find out about it here) and we thought it would make a great billboard. Marie agreed, and we sent the graphic ingredients off to an artist employed by Clear Channel, the billboard company she had selected. Within hours she had designed a billboard we all liked.

Now a group in Wisconsin is going to do the same thing, and they’re planning to add a big tick to their billboard design. Prices are lower in Wisconsin, so they want to get several boards. Actually, five!

Do you have anything special planned to raise awareness and educate your community for Lyme Disease Awareness Month? With a billboard you can reach out to people who don’t yet know that they have Lyme disease. The symptoms checklist on the LymeDisease.org website is perfect for that.

The checklist is short; people can fill in and print out to share with their doctor. It’s also educational. When you answer a question, a box detailed information pops up. For instance, the box that pops up when you are answering, “Have you been bitten by a tick?” tells you that most people with Lyme don’t recall being bitten by a tick. One deals with other diseases people are misdiagnosed with, like MS and Parkinson’s. We’re hoping to reach people who have heard about Lyme and are wondering if they have it.

If you want to read the full article, then copy the title of this thread on your preferred search engine.

Billboards to me are a useful way of getting information out to a large group of people. If you're out traveling on highways and stuck in traffic, I think oftentimes you read billboards...at least I know that's when I read them!

It's a good way of thinking outside the box and getting the word out there about Lyme!

So, LymeDisease.org has just launched a interactive symptoms checklist tool and they thought it right, that checklist would make a neat billboard. I endorse this idea, good informative and well done billboards will
increase awareness towards the lyme disease. As Wisconsin, more people will realize this and make a billboard for local awareness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back