Denver Girl Determined To Fight Lyme Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

This is the story of a really admirable girl who is fighting Lyme. Her name is Olivia and she is from Colorado. Lyme disease in Colorado is a very polemic topic, because some claim the infected ticks can't be found there, but other claim they do.

We might not know the truth any time soon, but the fact is that there are people affected by this disease in Colorado, can't ignore that.

You don’t hear much about Lyme disease in Colorado. The ticks that spread the infection aren’t found in the state. But Lyme disease affects about 300,000 people in the U S every year. One of them, an 11-year-old from Denver, has made educating people about Lyme disease her cause.

For the full article search the title of this thread, you should be able to find it.

She seems like such an inspiring young girl, doesn't she? My niece is close to that age and was diagnosed with Lyme, and I do hope that through her struggles that it has made more people aware of the disease. I really think awareness is a huge part of the battle we face with Lyme Disease - what a great thing that someone so young is so committed to educating others about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back