Documentary on Lyme disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry13288

And; of course like all those posting in the "Do I have ALS"? catagory; I immediately experienced some doubts about my diagnosis. Of course I have none of the real symptoms associated with Lyme, but it did help me to settle back into the "acceptance mode" a little better after some quiet thinking.

I also watched another documentary about the doctor that is researching the development of engineered DNA to manufacture man made cellular organisms....yes; my remaining Netflix choices are getting thin.

The reason I brought it up is that in my limited experience working in the government with research groups, I see that the way research is funded in our country is almost shameful. ALS doesn't have much of a chance with CDC or NIH. I hope that at some point we can find our own Michael J Fox.....we surely need him.

If you want a famous movie star that had ALS...there was David Niven, who was the original Pink Panther back in the 60's as well as several other films he made before his demise. Unfortunately, those with this desease don't live long enough to run a big campain. There is also Steve Smith who is/was a famous football player for Penn state and NFL. He is still alive. He was the focus of many a fund raisers but the money went to pay his bills. Not that that is wrong...just sad that more cannot be done for research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back