What You Need To Know About Lyme Disease From Man Who Had It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

Last spring, Travis Hoover, the superintendent of the LaFargeville Central School District, had a hard time waking up one morning after working outside.

"I waited a week or so and next thing you know, it took everything I had to get out of bed. I went to the doctor and went through about a month of checking tests and struggling every day to get up," he said.

Hoover got Lyme disease from a very small tick bite - one so small that it didn't leave a mark on his body.

Hoover is now joining a statewide initiative to teach children about preventing tick bites.

"Barely a week goes by that I don't run into somebody who tells me that either their self or their family member has been afflicted with Lyme disease," said state Senator Patty Ritchie (R. - 48th District).

Ritchie is working with health officials in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties because of a huge increase in Lyme disease in her district.

The testimony of this man reminded me of a similar episode I had when I was just 13 years old, I could hardly get out of bed for a while and my whole body was hurting like hell. The doctor never told us what was really wrong. This kind of things do make one wonder.

Want to read the rest of the article? If that is the case, then just copy the title of this thread, then paste it into any search engine. You should be able to find it!

This is another hard part about Lyme being diagnosed, I think. It's one thing if you have a very obvious tick bite - then if you're experiencing symptoms, it's possible you would put two and two together and assume it was some illness related to the tick bite.

If you don't have a large bite, or don't even notice it - I think it makes it so much harder to try and narrow it down. Because so many illnesses have symptoms that are intertwined with those of Lyme disease too, it adds to the difficulty in diagnosing it.

I was in a general chat group, non-Lyme related, when someone posted symptoms their child had. Several people posted ahead of me that it sounded like Lyme disease, and she was doubtful. She mentioned a rash, but didn't think it could be Lyme because she never saw a tick. I posted about my experience, and a couple more people did as well. She finally said she would take her child to be tested, and at least look into it.

I think a lot of people just don't even realize it's a possibility, especially when symptoms show up years later.

Hoover got Lyme disease from a very small tick bite. Tick can be very sneaky to remain overlooked while you're doing chores in a confidant manner. It's so wonderful that He's now joining a statewide initiative to teach the children about preventing tick bites, prevention is the most effective way to fight against an epidemic disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back