Lyme Disease misdiagnosed as ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mommychops,
It's very good that you asked about this.
There seems to be an entire industry out there to bilk people with terminal diseases.
You will also see recommendations/services to "detox" PALS of heavy metals, and folks who swear that having mercury fillings removed is the key.
There are at least two "clinics" out there who will "cure" ALS using stem cells. One such is Stem Cell of America which appears to be in California but actually has a clinic in Mexico. One PALS on Facebook has cranked up a GoFundMe site and is asking for donations to fund his treatment.

If any of these 'treatments' actually worked I'm pretty damned sure we'd hear about it.

Beware the snake oil salesmen!
thank you so much for getting back to me. the alsforum was definitely the place to ask the question.

From what I heard it's rather common to be misdiagnosed with ALS or Lyme, then after a while and seeing a lot doctors the person finally learns the truth. It's so awful and it happens. My heart goes out to those who have to live with this kind of uncertainty :( So sorry for them, because I can totally understand it and I'm living that right now. So yes, this hits close to home. Best of luck to everyone, specially those who have been diagnosed with ALS, but aren't very sure the diagnosis is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back