Need some advice on ALS/Lyme/Mold..Hopin al and wright will give wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason your neuro is confident that you don't have ALS, is because the EMG indicates you don't have it. You have said previously that you have slowed conduction (which indicates a loss of myelin) and slowed conduction does not happen with ALS (it might be seen in later stages of ALS but not in the beginning stages). I bet that the EMG is also showing that your sensory nerves have been affected, which again points away from ALS. I'm also fairly confident that your clinical exam doesn't indicate ALS.

You will reinnervate and I'm sure you already are. As soon as they get your Lyme's under wraps, you will stop denervating and demyelinating and then you will be on your way to recovery. In the meantime, keep a positive attitude.

I was more positive when my conduction was slow..the ALS doc came in and debunked that in 3 seconds flat :) 2 techs found slowing and the Doc said no slowing...said its all axonal. She just showed me that all my motor and sensory nerves were slower on right than left but not enough for demyelination. I'm trying to be positive. Just scared..James said that she told him I am already reinnervating. But I guess whatever happens will happen..i still have all strength in all my limbs and no worse atrophy. I wore sneakers yesterday for the first time in awhile and she said I cant play any contact sports. Which upsets me bc I was looking forward to playing hockey while here in Michigan yea right..lol

Sorry I have alot of questions because she wont answer any questions until she gives an official diagnosis next week after my antibody testing comes back.

Will my muscle come back from atrophy after reinnervation? She said she is sending me over to ortho to get fitted for specific insoles for my feet so I presume it will not but one can hope.

kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back