Potential Lyme

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueS

HI Everyone, I just joined the forum. After years of trying to solve a mystery illness, new doc thinks it could be Lyme. Lyme tests were negative in past. Had positive Elisa this summer and negative Western Blot. Retested Western Blot with MDL and there were 4 reactive IgG bands (93, 66, 58, 41) with only 66 being above the 60% threshold at 107%. Band 41 was reactive on IgM but only at 34% of control band. We didn't test for the coinfections. Doc suggested that compromised immune system (I have mild hypogammaglobulinemia) could account for negatives.

The theory is if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, perhaps it is a duck. In any case I did two months of a herbal/homeopathic protocol to clean up the gut first and started Cowden protocol in mid-January. Reaction will confirm one way or the other if I have Lyme and Co.

Have many questions, but am curious about die off reactions. I asked doc how we know if antimicrobials in Cowden only kill the bad bacteria and not all bacteria. He said we don't know but that the impact of the herbs is far gentler than the napalm activity of antibiotics. My question is, does killing the good bacteria result in a similar die off reaction? How does one distinguish in an effort to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment? I can't find any studies online and Nutramedix doesn't answer questions due to FDA muzzle. Knowledge seems to be based on anecdotal evidence. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back