Lyme Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was just diagnosed with lyme disease but can not remember being bitten by any ticks. I had blood work done and it can back positive with lyme disease and also positive with strep which i was treated for. How can I get lyme disease if I was not bitten by a tick?

Hi Karben,
You might have been bitten by a tick and never even knew. My dad has Lymes also and does not recall ever being bitten by a tick or getting the "bull's eye" rash that comes along with the Lymes tick bite. After researching Lymes extensively, I found that many people do not ever get the "bull's eye" rash and never even know that they have been bitten by a tick. There are chances that you can get false negative and false positive readings from the Lymes test. I reccommend the I Gene X lab in Palo Alto, CA. They are known for accurate findings. It doesn't hurt to get tested again just to make sure, and that lab is outstanding. You can order the test through the mail. If you would like more info on it, let me know. We have been pleased with the treatments my dad has received so far. If it is just Lymes and strep that you have, be thankful. If the docs have not put an ALS diagnosis along with the other illnesses, then you are a lucky person.
Best of luck,
Dana

Hi
I have Lyme and ALS, and we don't know for sure if Lyme could cause ALS symptoms but for me that is my belief for my case! My neurologist disagrees but my Lyme literate medical doctor states that he treats many Lyme/ALS cases and doesn't agree with my neurologist. However even with antibiotics not every person with Lyme/ALS gets better with the Lyme treatments, I am proof of that. Worth a try the treatment. See the past Lyme related messages to read up on the topic of Lyme. After if you are still interested in more information, just look up my profile for my email; I have lots of information that I can share.
Patsy

Karben,
Take Patsy up on her offer. Get her email address and have her send you the Lymes info. She did this for me and there was a lot of useful information to read. It might answer some questions for you.
Dana

I have been bitten by tics 4 times in my life and even though I do not have AlS I do have fibromyalgia. I guess there is a study on this also although my Dr has never mentioned it to me.
Kim
ALS About Loving Someone

Re: Lymes disease

Thanks for the response! I have been having swelling when I get up in the morning and through out the day and sometimes my joints are sore and I am tired all of the time. My arms are always falling asleep at night so needless to say I sleep horrible. Occasionally I get a pinching feeling in my left arm. Lupus runs in my family thats why I really wanted the testing. The results from Lupus came back negative so I am glad about that.

I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old just want to make sure I am healthy for them. My doctor put me on antibotics for 14 days, I guess I will have to wait to see how I am feeling after to see if I need more testing, I was a little caught off gaurd with the Lymes results. I never knew I was at risk for it. I live in Maryland but not really near alot of woods or grassy areas.

My next questions is what is ALS? I have never heard of it. I was just looking for info on Lymes and all of this came up, am I at risk for it?

Karben, welcome to our site. In our topics somewhere buried are some very detailed discussions relating to lyme disease and ALS. There is a forum specifically for lyme you may find very useful. I don't have it , but if you search, you will find it.
Good luck, they will be an incredible support as this is for ALS.

Lymes Disease

In response to Patsy, I was looking up information about Lymes disease and this came up. I found some information about Lymes that was helpful, I am glad you find this funny, I have never heard of ALS so I was curious about what it is. Because everything went from lymes to ALS. So I was trying to educate myself.

I am sorry if I offended anyone!

Karben, you didn't offend anyone and there have been rumours of direct links between lyme and ALS. I have read some of the postings on the lyme forum. They are informative and detailed. The more we share our information, the better informed we all are. We may even be able to offer the doctors a suggestion or two.

Karben;
I was not offended at all, just that I found it very funny! I am glad that you have learned what ALS is and that you got the information you needed on Lyme. Anytime!
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back