Lyme via Tick, but INDOORS?

Lemon Lyme

This is so bizarre...

INFO: I've lived my entire life in Upstate New York and have been in the woods so many times, with shorts on, and bug spray with Deet!

WHERE: I haven't been near / in the woods and for a few years; I live in the city and we have more of a paved drive vs. grass or trees.

MARCH 2019: I walked around a car in our driveway and briefly brushed against a 3' bush with NO leaves on it, yet.

DOES ANYONE HERE THINK YOU CAN PICK UP A TICK ON THE ARM LIKE THIS???

ITCH: A few days later, I had an allergic reaction and itched in places that I have NEVER before (ie. scalp, under arms on chest, stomach, front of thighs - above knees, ankles, etc.). Thinking I was having a reaction to something I ate, I realized I didn't have anything new, recently! Then a few hives appeared on the same arm that rubbed the bush (as described above).

RASH: There was not a bulls eye, as you typically hear about with a Tick bite.

DR: After that rash was gone, my lower arms, wrists, and tops of hands were itching so much that I dug them until they were bruised and bleeding! Shortly after that, I was at the Dr.'s for something else and told them about this. She ordered blood work and yes, at my next scheduled appointment 1 month later - I HAD LYME DISEASE CONFIRMED!

SHOULD THE DR HAVE CALLED ME AND LONG BEFORE ANOTHER 4 WEEKS, AFTER KNOWING I HAD LYME?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back