Lyme now als?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy24371

First of all I hope everyone is doing well, I have lyme disease I know that for a fact as ive been battling for years. What brings me to this site? well, Im searching for answers. Lyme can mimic ms or als etc so its very hard for me. I dont know if im developing als.

first off i always get fatigue and time to time twitching. couple weeks ago Started with what may have been a virus and felt sore muscles in shins. within a couple days the soreness move to arms thighs calves, it then turns to achy not sore to touch , i also have bone soreness on pelvis which could be lyme as well. my leg muscles get fatigue after stair climb. This turns into deep bone aches almost like arthritis at times as well. I uped my magnesium and now im experiencing muscle twitching all over my body when at rest. Thoughts? going to see a neuro. :confused:

Whenever I took magnesium my muscles ached more and the twitches seemed worse. Lay off the supplements and eat/sleep properly and methinks those particular symptoms will reduce. I'm not an expert, it's just my experience.

Lyme is one of the (many, many) diseases we PALS are tested for.

I have three thoughts:
- follow thru on your neuro visit,
- do NOT obsess about ALS until after that, and
- stop using Google and forums like this to diagnose yourself until you have adequate information.

You are doing nothing but guessing. Without knowledge you will flail about looking for an answer and do absolutely nothing but drive yourself crazy. Stop.

you make a great point gregK. and I will try to stop mag for a few days . it may very well be affecting me.

First of all I hope everyone is doing well, I have lyme disease I know that for a fact as ive been battling for years. What brings me to this site? well, Im searching for answers. Lyme can mimic ms or als etc so its very hard for me. I dont know if im developing als.

first off i always get fatigue and time to time twitching. couple weeks ago Started with what may have been a virus and felt sore muscles in shins. within a couple days the soreness move to arms thighs calves, it then turns to achy not sore to touch , i also have bone soreness on pelvis which could be lyme as well. my leg muscles get fatigue after stair climb. This turns into deep bone aches almost like arthritis at times as well. I uped my magnesium and now im experiencing muscle twitching all over my body when at rest. Thoughts? going to see a neuro. :confused:

GregK is absolutely right. Reread his post.

Concerning your post:

Fatigue and achy sore muscles have nothing to do with ALS. ALS involves motor nerves, not sensory nerves. The first sign of ALS is a totally paralyzed (limp) muscle that simply doesn't work anymore. It doesn't feel tired or achy, it just doesn't move.

Twitches are a sign of a gazillion things, including subconscious anxiety.

If I were you, I'd scratch ALS off the list, breathe a sigh of relief, and go see the neuro.

Lyme does not "mimic" ALS, though that is often said and quoted. the two diseases have a few possible symptoms that are similar, but that is all. In fact, everything that you mentioned does not have any relationship to ALS. Occasional twitching and fatigue are so vague and common , forget ALS.

There's no doubt they are two different diseases But I know many who were misdiagnosed with ms and als who have lyme. Dr Dave Martz is one of them. His symptoms mimicked als in the documentary under our skin you can see his story
There are many lyme patients bed ridden with muscle loss etc. I was simply looking for support
On developing such symptoms from experienced people. Again thank you who responded.

I know all about Dr. Martz and have met him several times. Again I say, lyme symptoms do not mimic ALS. and your symptom are not ALS symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back