paravovirus B19 & Lyme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjarnicki

I am a 29 year old female recently diagnosed with Lyme. I've known I've had it for at least 8 years when I started to notice my memory changing, my joints hurting but I couldn't afford the treatment.

Since I was diagnosed I shared the information with my parents and my mom said the way I feel is similar to how she felt after my older brother and I were sick with fifths disease. I was 2 and he was 6. My other brother never had fifths disease.

My Mom felt fatigued all the time and thought she had fibromyalgia- I've also thought the same things about myself.

Since fifths disease and lyme are both related to rashes I researched it to see if there could be a correlation that would explain anything . The cause of Fifths seems to come from parovirus b19. I found a few articles connecting the two.
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199102073240614

I am wondering what does this mean? Have I had this since I was 2 and didn't know? It would make a lot of sense. I always struggled with attention, learning and comprehending. I then developed anxiety. Also, what does this mean for my Mom? Could she have lyme?

I tried reaching out to my Dr. but she has more of an herbal approach and she doesn't seem to be knowledgeable. I would go to another Doctor but I simply can't afford it.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back