Lyme's disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

So often, the symptoms that are shown by FIBRO patients end up, either being a case of hypothyroidsm or Lymes disease.

While hypothyroidism is very common, I am curious to know if anyone of you actually know patients who had track history of Lymes disease but actually suffers from FIBRO?

Lyme's disease tends to mimic quite a few diseases. I'm not sure how often it's confused with Fibromyalgia. Unlike Fibromyalgia, Lyme's disease can be treated with antibiotics. From what I've read though, Lyme's disease is often misdiagnosed.

Yes, indeed. It is very often misdiagnosed. In majority of the cases, doctors end up giving pain killers at the first stage without proper diagnosis, that might, very well elad into other serious illefects of the body :(

As others have stated these two conditions have can often get misdiagnosed. They do have a diagnostic test for lyme disease but it can produce false postives and negatives.

The numbers are not clear but it's estimated that 15% to 50% of people diagnosed with Lyme disease actually have fibromyalgia.

And, ultimately, do they ever realize the mis-diagnosis? Or does it go undetected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back