Medicare Coverage

charlesnovak987

Hi, I've been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and several other tick borne diseases. I'm on Medicare SSDI and my doctor is very expensive and doesn't take Medicare so I've been paying out of pocket. I'd like to file a claim but I'm on SSDI for a severe depressive disorder, ADHD and a chronic back problem but not Lyme.

The documentation that the doctor provides me for my visits, states that the visits are related to Lyme Disease. Any issues filing claims for these visits?

Your comments and insights are much appreciated

Chuck

It's understandable that you're concerned about filing claims for visits related to Lyme Disease, especially if your doctor's documentation mentions it. However, since you're on Medicare SSDI for other health conditions, such as a severe depressive disorder, ADHD, and a chronic back problem, you may still be eligible for coverage for your medical expenses related to Lyme Disease under Medicare.

It's essential to communicate openly with your healthcare provider about your concerns regarding insurance coverage and ensure that they accurately document the nature of your visits and treatments. If possible, discuss with your doctor the option of providing separate documentation for visits related to Lyme Disease and those for your other health conditions. This way, you can avoid any potential issues with filing claims and ensure that you receive the coverage you're entitled to under your insurance plan.

Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to Medicare or a Medicare counselor for guidance on how to navigate this situation and ensure that you're maximizing your insurance benefits while receiving the necessary medical care for all your health conditions. They can provide valuable insights and assistance in understanding your coverage options and resolving any issues that may arise during the claims process.

Overall, staying informed, communicating effectively with your healthcare provider, and seeking guidance from Medicare resources can help ensure that you receive the necessary medical care and coverage for all your health conditions, including Lyme Disease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back