Can Lyme Patients Eat Out?

evansste

I'm undergoing treatment for Lyme disease, and am about half way through a 56-day treatment. My symptoms are continuing to persist, and I've begun to wonder whether or not the treatment will be successful.

For most of my time on treatment, I hadn't made any significant changes to my diet. After reading that a good diet is important, I've cut out nearly all of the foods that I used to eat -- which, apparently, are unhealthy.

Ever since the extreme change in diet, I have no appetite for the new foods, and I sometimes feel quite sick. I haven't been eating because the foods don't taste good. And, now, the thought of me eating the foods that I've bought, almost makes me want to vomit.

I'm certainly no chef, and I highly suspect that healthier foods could taste good, if they were prepared well. So, I've been thinking of eating at restaurants which may have healthy menus. Is this an option for Lyme patients, or are all restaurants bad? I'd much rather go to a restaurant, since I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Are there any Lyme patients who are able to recommend good, healthy, permissible restaurants for those of us who have Lyme?

Thanks for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back