A 6-minute plan to rid clothes of ticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trellie

What do you guys think? Do you think 6 minutes would do to get rid of ticks on your clothes?

There is a better way to kill ticks on your clothes than the method often recommended currently, new research suggests. The study, published online in the journal Ticks and Tick-borne Diseases, says just six minutes spinning dry clothes in a hot dryer should kill all the ticks and reduce the risk of tick-related illnesses.

For the full article copy the title of this thread, paste it into your preferred search engine and you should be able to find it.

Sounds good, but I would love to keep them from getting on my clothing to begin with. What is the best way to do this?

I've never noticed ticks on my clothes before - I think for me, the hard part would be remembering to throw clothes in the dryer, since I don't use a dryer for all my clothes - I hang dry a lot of stuff just because of the fabric type!

I do think though anything that may help has to be seen as a good thing. Even if it helps a little, it's better than nothing!

Mmm well I used to kill ticks by burning, I put them in a napkin to afterwards set it in fire. Pretty messy but burns them to a crisp. A thermal barrier as tick repellent is even a smarter idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back