Famous People with Lyme Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

lymegreen

One thing I have found in my research trying to find more out about Lyme Disease is that there's quite a few famous people that have the disease.

One of them is Avril Lavigne, the famous singer - also, others who have been reported to have Lyme Disease are former President George W. Bush, actor Alec Baldwin, and former model Yolanda Foster (mom of current models Gigi and Bella Hadid).

Do you know of any other celebrities out there that have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease?

As far as I know Bella and Anwar Hadid ( the children of Yolanda Forester) also suffer from Lyme, and she claims to be determined to find a cure for her children. She has defended them both recently, because some people have dared to doubt their diagnosis. Sadly this happens a lot, even to non famous people (people doubting your diagnosis), this is one of those invisible disease that makes you feel awful, but most people can't even tell.

As far as I know Bella and Anwar Hadid ( the children of Yolanda Forester) also suffer from Lyme, and she claims to be determined to find a cure for her children. She has defended them both recently, because some people have dared to doubt their diagnosis. Sadly this happens a lot, even to non famous people (people doubting your diagnosis), this is one of those invisible disease that makes you feel awful, but most people can't even tell.

I didn't know that about Bella and Anwar - I just looked up online and found an article about it. I guess what one of the doctors in the article mentioned makes sense:

“It’s pretty common for people in the same family to share the same yard, same exposure, same travels, and same animals [where the ticks survive], so many times you’ll get clusters of the disease within the family itself,” he explained.

I wonder how they got bitten by a tick. Went to the wilderness? Live in a wet and lush place with deers roaming nearby?. Seriously, people with lyme disease
ought to be able to tell the cause behind it. In order to
grow awareness among local people.

Many times we are not even aware that something has happened because having a tick is not something that common. Even so we need to be careful when we go to the wilderness.

Is it just me or does Alec Baldwin seem to have everything? I think it is just me, but for some reason I feel like I always see his name attached to things like this. I did know this about a lot of these people, though, so thank you for sharing. I am sure that there are a lot more out there, but it always helps to relate to these people that we all know a little more. It might help to bring people together who otherwise might not have the opportunity.

lol, poor Alec Baldwin! :D To be honest I don't recall many other diseases he had, so maybe you just pay attention to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back