Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachxcastle

Hello!

I'm new to this site so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm looking for some advice regarding medical issues that I've recently realized may be related to Lyme. I'll try to keep it short, and I'm happy to discuss more at length in private messages or email.

About a year and a half ago, I started experiencing severe blood pressure spikes and a hive-like rash on my face and neck. I hesitate to call the rash hives because it appears more like a combination of flushing and rosacea. I've seen two dermatologists to no avail, walking away with a rosacea diagnosis and a treatment plan of "sorry about your luck." I've seen two primary care practitioners for blood pressure and am currently taking two prescriptions meds for BP with no idea what's causing it. I also experience almost daily migraines which no doctor has been willing to treat or acknowledge, terrible night sweats and awful insomnia. I'm seeing a psychiatrist and therapist now for anxiety and depression, and I'm on a cocktail of meds for that too. It's been a pretty miserable year of not being able to work or live my life how I used to.

I don't recall a bite that would be the start of a Lyme infection, but I live in between woods and farm fields, spend lots of time working outdoors, and have also struggled with flea problems with my cats and dogs. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with Lyme and Bartonella.

I had blood work done in the fall of last year with a few abnormalities that concerned me, but didn't raise any red flags with doctors. I don't know anything about what these mean but here are a few of the abnormal markers:

Segmented neutrophil: 71.7
Lymphocytes: 15.0
Monocytes: 8.4
Eosinophils: 3.6
Basophils: 1

I guess my question is: is it logical to assume I may have Lyme? Will I sound crazy if I ask my doctor to test for it, or am I best off going to yet another doctor? I have felt like crap for such a long time and I feel like a hypochondriac, but it really seems like this makes sense. I would so appreciate any feedback or thoughts about my situation.

Thanks so much in advance and have a great day!

-Zach

I would definitely recommend touching base with doctor in hopes of a test; even if it's just to eliminate Lyme so you can look in another direction. If it is Lyme then you have a starting point for treatment and to feel better.

Given your living situation and proximity to the woods it would be possible.

Have you brought this up with your doctor yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back