Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 PM #16 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Dana,

Great to hear from you. My Dad will be turning 65 in August, 52 is very young to be battling this but 65 seems to be too.

I would love to get more information on the Lyme disease test done out of California. If you could send along anything you know that would be great. Are there any serious side effects to the medication? What research can you recommend?

Have a wonderful time at the reunion, yes, it probably will be crazy. I will be in touch.

Christina
Old 08-09-2005, 07:11 PM #17 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Did the Mayo Clinic do any tests for Lyme disease or is that something you decided to do with your GP when you got back home?

Christina
Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 PM #18 (permalink)

1070 is on a distinguished road
City: saratoga springs
State: ny
1070 is on a distinguished road
Default als/lyme

Hello everyone,
I am new to this website. My husband is 39 years old and has slurring of his speech and muscle fascilations for approx 7 months. He has seen several neurologists, and had every test imaginable. His most recent test was a spinal tap. The general concensus from neurologists is that he is suffering from early onset-Als. We are on a serious roller coaster right now and scared to death of what the future brings. We have 3 and 5 year old boys.
The reason I am writing is because we are praying that he has lyme disease(sounds strange to pray for a disease). He has had 3 lyme tests and they all came back negative. However, we have a wonderful infectious disease Doctor that also believes he has lyme..even with the negative tests. My husband received 30 days iv antibiotics..his energy improved..and speech showed slight improvent. He just completed 8 weeks of oral antibiotics and his speech is regressing again. I was wondering if anyone has any insight or suggestions..or where to go next. As a side note..insurance has refused to pay for many of his tests saying they are experimental..great! Please write if anyone has any suggestions.
Keeping the faith! Kelly
Old 10-31-2006, 01:51 PM #19 (permalink)

71 is on a distinguished road
City: NW of Toronto
State: On
Diagnosed: 10/2003
71 is on a distinguished road

Hi Kelly. Are you in the U.S.? I hate to say this but is this wonderful Infectious disease Dr. charging you or is Medicare or Insurance paying him. I won't say it doesn't happen up here with our government controlled health care but I'd wonder about the motives of a doctor treating someone even after his own tests are negative. Sometimes people will improve for a short time with a treatment because they truly believe that they feel better. After a while the body says you're kidding yourself. I'm sorry this is not what you were wanting or expecting to hear but we try to be honest with our friends here. AL.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, back, clinic, dad, early, early symptoms, family, hope, ice, info, lyme, meds, neurologist, story, symptoms, symptoms of als, treatments