Tongue atrophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ili27078

Hi, I`m 32 y.o with very strange symptoms.

Tongue wasting, slurring, trouble swallowing, fatigue, whole body twitching, clumsy hands, tingling electricity tongue, and hoarse voice, whole body trembling, all the muscle are trembling when I flex them, floaters in eye, dental problems, yawning ....

I have been checked via Wand ELISA. Elisa in negative ( it was borderline)
WB was also negative with P41 band only active. My LLMD doc told me I have lyme. Neurolyme who has damage my cranial nerves.
They checked me for ALS and I was with 4 clear EMG - they tested the tongue and trapezeuos - it was totaly clear.

Have somebody heard of tongue atrophy with lyme???

Thank I`m feeling on the edge...

Several of the symptoms you note are either clinically confirmed or not, tongue atrophy among them. Has a physician confirmed it? If not, that's where you need to be. Floaters are either caused by vitreoretinal issues or not (takes an eye doctor to say). Dental problems belong at a dentist. Throwing all these disparate symptoms here doesn't accomplish anything for you.

As we have noted before, an LLMD is in business to find Lyme that needs long-term antibiotics. Any side effects you have from the abx can then be ascribed to Lyme and/or "herxing." It's a great racket, except for the patients. I would go back to the best internist you can find, with an open mind, and go from there.

Some of the symptoms you are suffering from are indicative of Lyme disease. This can be attributed to heart, brain and nerve problems associated with Lyme disease. The cause of tongue atrophy could be attributed to atrophic glossitis which is abused by large number of factors ranging from herpes simplex to mouth trauma.

Rule out any kind of neurological problem, I'm talking from experience. A lot of those symptoms you mentioned can be of neurological origin, and that is why this should be ruled out first. Always see a neurologist when you start to experience this, because Lyme and diseases of neurological origin have a lot symptoms in common. It's better to be safe than sorry, see a good neurologist and get test done.

I second that; always consult a neurologist if you can about these types of issues. Early detection can open up a lot more avenues for treatment (and save a lot of undue suffering).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back