Lyme Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

john25929

will see her again on the 26th of this month she requested more blood test they've done blood test for lyme thyroid low blood sugar hiv hepetitus low testorne maybe i should have mentioned all this in frist post but didn't want to run long i'm also 59 yrs old PCP and frist neuro have run many many blood test and mri's along with xray's over the last two year's. she said after this visit i would need to see her every 3 to 4 months. she also wanted me to take drug for myasthenia gravis for 30 day's to see if it made a difference.

Re: Question

Did you start the drug to rule out myasthenia gravis? Which one is it?
Your stories about LSU seem a little weird; have you considered a 2nd opinion [3rd, really] @ Tulane?
BTW, Grumpy, don't be afraid to post one longer rather than several shorter posts, to complete the story. We don't have a word limit.

Re: Question

Every time I have changed clinics, I have transferred the records as well. In my case it just took a phone call. Good luck!
Hollister

Something is missing in the whole picture or everything is jumbled up. Some of the possible reasons for the negative test include if the blood test was carried out too early; prescence of antibodies or immunosuppressants which may suppress antibody resistance or a strain of Lyme bacterium which produces antibodies not recognizable by the test. A blood sample should be sent for confirmatory testing using the Western blot test specific to Lyme disease.

Lyme develops over time with different symptoms at different stages.

Stage 1 occurs within 1-4 weeks with early localized Lyme disease developing days to weeks after infected. Some symptoms include a rash, lack of energy, fevers, muscle pain, swollen lymph nodes and headaches and body-aches, sometimes a stiff neck. Some people might not have any of these symptoms (Lyme then goes undetected until later stages).

Stage 2 occurs within 1-4 months. A bulls eye rash can occur (or similar rash), pain and weakness in arms and legs, face muscles retarding, poor memory or concentration and sometimes significant heart beat irregularities.

Stage 3 is late persistent Lyme disease. When not treated, or not properly treated, damage to joints, nerves, and the brain may develop years after infection.

will see her again on the 26th of this month she requested more blood test they've done blood test for lyme thyroid low blood sugar hiv hepetitus low testorne maybe i should have mentioned all this in frist post but didn't want to run long i'm also 59 yrs old PCP and frist neuro have run many many blood test and mri's along with xray's over the last two year's. she said after this visit i would need to see her every 3 to 4 months. she also wanted me to take drug for myasthenia gravis for 30 day's to see if it made a difference.

I agree with laurie. I think there is nothing wrong in seeking a second or even a third opinion. Sadly this is something that needs to be done sometimes, you'd be surprised to hear how many doctors I had to see when I was told about my cavernoma, even to this day (two years later) I still don't know for sure if my brain lesion is of a vascular origin or if it's just a very slow growing tumor. So yes, even when things can be seen in a MRI as clearly as my CM... it's still hard to find a good doctor and trust a diagnosis.

Best of luck and keep us posted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back