My personal trigger theory about lyme and ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading all posts and seeing my brother-in-law's decline I feel there might be a connection between ALS and lyme's, but not in the way we are thinking. ( My brother-in-law tested positive for lyme's but is diagnosed with ALS.)

I'd be interested in knowing how many people with ALS had a positve lyme titer. I think Lyme's may in someway trigger ALS, not necessarily mimic it. From what I have been reading, the symptoms from both illnesses are really not that similar. I also think that if treated with an antibiotic for lyme's there will be a temporary decrease in symptoms; those symptoms which were caused by the lyme's. Even in the 3rd stage lyme's isn't that similar to ALS. PLEASE someone correct this if I am wrong about the symptoms of lyme's as iIhave no personal experience with it.

terrics

Terrics,
There are many people who are on the forum with lymes and on ceftriaxone as a treatment. Also many pals are in the clinical trial of ceftriaxone for als. Read the posts many people you could contact for advice.
Good luck I personally think there is something that goes hand in hand with lymes and als.
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back