ALS/Lyme connection....

Status
Not open for further replies.

o10238

Wanted to know how many of you have ever met others diagnosed with ALS (or yourself if you have ALS) who were treated for lyme and made a full recovery and also of the times when people diagnosed with ALS attempted to treat for Lyme but did not recover and continued progression .... I hear of this from time to time, but I wanted to know how often it actually works...

Thanks so much,
Ollie

Well I have a diagnosed of als I am currently on ceftriaxone it is also used for lymes. Been on it 5 months and still have als.
Judy

Ok, thanks for letting me know.. have you noticed any improvement what so ever? I'm currently taking antibiotics and things improved for a little but are now starting to get much worse, as if they're no longer doing anything! I've been having this problem for 6 months now :sad:

I was almost certain I had Lyme's. I am a avid outdoors man, and have been tick bit thousands of times. I pulled 2 ticks off me in the summer of 07. Both bites swelled up red. I had a high fever for about 24 hours, and my als symptoms started 2 weeks after. I went through lyme treatment for 4 or 5 months. It didn't help.

My wife went to a doctor in Springfield MO who specilizes in Lyme. He tested her blood using a western blot technique. She came back CDC negative but we went ahead with 3 or 4 rounds of antibiotics with no possitive effect at all.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back