View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:37 PM #39 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

nancy8924 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Mountain View
State: CA
Diagnosed: 05/2009
nancy8924 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Antibiotics, ALS and LYME: need your help, again!

I am a diagnosed ALS patient. I was just screened for an antibiotic trial (Ceftriaxone) and I'm waiting to hear if I can participate. I was tested for Lyme disease and the results were negative. People are so harsh on the ALS doctors it seems. Trust me, I know first hand how frustrating this disease is but if there was any special diet or any miracle thing that would slow this disease we would know by now and everyone would be on it. This disease has a mind of it's own. I chose to participate in the study because my personality is one that has to be pro-active in order to keep my spirits up and feel productive. I also want my kids to see me fighting and never giving up. I know for a fact if that my Dr. could change the fact that I have this cruel disease he would in a heartbeat. I am so thankful that he has dedicated his life into helping people with te disease and continuing to try to find a cure. They can't lie and tell you that they can keep this under control. We need to work together on this and I feel like the only way to do it is to forget about the crazy diets and costly supplements...get out there and participate in what the researchers are doing. They are our best chance.

Live today, love today, stay passionate and strong and appreciate the things you do have.....I wish everyone well : )