View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 05:03 PM #29 (permalink)

175 is an unknown quantity at this point
175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Richard,
Thanks for thinking of us.
It has been a hard month and we are just about out of our minds.
Father has been up and down, with days of horrific weakness followed by back to "normal" to weakness again. His speech has deteriroated just like that, then after he has a good meal (especially smoked/oily salmon & rich dessert) his speech clears completely. He is suddenly scared - the symptoms are erratic, for couple of days he barely walked. He stoped the Samento and the silver, just to see if this was a herx or what. Each time he stoped, he had these ups and downs, so now we are completely at a loss. The food/speech connection is so obvious, that I now think he is hypoglacemic and will call to see what doctor to talk to (we have none and in our immediate area they are so bad that should be behind bars). He will be seeing another doctor, just to see what he has to say and we have to decide what to do. I have to say, it is very discouraging at this moment. And it happened just out of no where.

Which brings a question for anyone on the forum who can reply from experience:

Can als symptoms of deterioration be experienced LITERALLY by the hour/day?

I have to sort this out. It has been so scary and so difficult, I could not bring myself to post...