View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 PM #8 (permalink)

wright4499 is on a distinguished road
City: xxxx
State: xx
wright4499 is on a distinguished road

I just read that link.

So let me get this straight: A physician has a half-ass theory . . . WITH ABSOLUTELY NO DATA TO BACK IT UP . . . that this bacteria could cause ALS . . . worries you?

Well guess what: I think the combination of vanilla milk shakes and tortilla chips causes ALS. I have absolutely no data that substantiates it, but apparently, that doesn't matter one bit.

Anyone can have a theory . . . but until it is backed by good science . . . it means nothing. The theories out there that are more than likely on the right track, are those that have been scrutinized in peer reviewed journals . . . and still . . . there is no concensus as to what causes ALS. There have been reports that certain viruses and bacteria can cause neuronal death but nothing definitive at all. No one knows what causes ALS.

Get off of the internet and accept the fact you have Lyme . . . and as odd as this sounds . . . be thankful about it. You will more than likely make a full recovery and will lead a perfectly normal, full life.

I'm sorry if this post seems a little harsh (and I promise you it's not personal), but I don't want hysteria to needlessly worry people on this forum . . . AND . . . I want you to calm yourself and be happy.