View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 AM #17 (permalink)

175 is an unknown quantity at this point
175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Theresa,
It is a self-trial basically - what we are doing. There are several persons on the Lyme forum, who have been diagnosed with ALS and are also positive for Lyme. One of them had negative results from Igenex, but is proceeding with IV Rocephin, anbx for advanced Lyme stage (which incidentally is also the subject of an ALS clinical trial).

The other debate is, that the main-stream Lyme tests give over 60% false negatives, while Igenex has about 70% positive rate... Take your pick. There are plenty of people who argue each side.

It seems so sad, that even though this debate/controversy has been around for quite a while - at the very least 2-4 years - no data has been collected from these "cross-over" cases in any sensible manner. Or, is it just now, with the popularization of the Internet, that people can exchange their own experiments? I don't know. Time will tell. It is with great apprehension that we have decided to take that route, because ALS and toxins in the body can spell faster progression, for sure. And abx are super toxins. My nightmare is that we may be dealing with both.

That is why I keep asking for anyone with any knowledge of reactions, results, anything dealing with the ALS/Lyme/antibiotics situation to please, share.