View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 10:05 PM #10 (permalink)

175 is an unknown quantity at this point
175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meg,
I don't like being sold things either. There is the right time and the right place to make a sell - and a Lyme or ALS site IS NOT IT. I am sick of having to pay for everything - so when we talk on these forums, we REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE SOLD THINGS! We need each other's sincere help and support.

On the other hand,

Why do you think there are several clinical trial going using various antibiotics on ALS patients? Not just random proposal. If things were so easily black and white -choices we make would not really require too much exertion.

No, I think it's an array of possibilities and unknowns, with few glimpses of perhaps in between... We are complex bodies, living in complex, messed-up world, under totally messed-up environments, ingesting completely messed-up foods, and inhaling poluted air.

So, they can be that good in absolutely diagnosing ALS, but can't offer much else? I just can't accept that - given the vast number of inadequate doctors out there, sure there is room for "occasional" error. You speak of "if a properly diagnosed ALS" - but that's just it, not every PALS has been properly diagnosed. So, few have the luxury to hope, they are the ones wrongly diagnosed - if you are a gambler - it's a pretty good bet.

Even the worst lottery, has some winners. I'd take the odds any time, especially if it's for the one and only life we have. Finality can be a very dreadful concept.