View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM #29 (permalink)

kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
City: Auburn
State: Alabama
kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Two rashes - Lyme Testing

Hey you guys,

SandraD is right in all the information she gave you. Your doctor will run an Elisa test first and if that is positive then the lab will automatically run the Western Blot on the sample. The WB is very specific. If a person has Lyme's disease it will catch it. Alot of people are exposed to BB the buggy that causes Lyme's but never develop the disease. I also have to agree with Sandra on the fact that my ALS doctor and my Infectious Disease doctor that if a person truly has Lyme's Disease that is severe enough to cause neurological damage the WB will show an IgM response which is indicative of a new/current infection.

I would double positive which means my test was run a total of 4 times from LabCorp and once from Quest Labs. All four tests were IgM positive. If I were you I would run a dual testing meaning run the Lyme's titer from a standard lab and one from Igenex. Almost all of Igenex tests come back positive bc as I said before most people have been exposed to BB.

Please let us know what your test findings are. I can tell you in a time reference..a Lyme Titer takes 5 days on average to run. All of my tests took 10 because of the Western Blot was having to be run after I popped positive. So be patient..its a lengthy but sensitive test.

Oh and I def didn't mean to sound as if I wanted ALS...gracious no...I wanna cure this disease..I meant to prove that Lyme's can mimic this disease and promote more research.

So much love,

Kelly