View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:52 AM #18 (permalink)

juliette11095 is on a distinguished road
City: Leaskdale
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2000
juliette11095 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Two rashes - Lyme Testing

Tom is back on the Lyme bandwagon. There was a show on the TV this week where Goldhawk has picked up the banner so to speak. Tom and his mom are both running around saying "what about lyme?"
I keep saying "Just pay Dr. Bagdhalian the money to get the blood test in the USA"
They want me to start buying books on Lyme, talk to the people from the show etc....

Argh! I have been in this stuff up to my eyeballs for 10 years now and I do not want to start all this again. These two think one show has given them more info than I have collected. I wish they would take the ball and run with it. I am tired and am so depressed.

Tom has had a steady decline with total ALS symptoms. He has not yet (in 10 years) had any sort of break or remission, return of function etc.
Even Dr. Bagdhalian said he doubted Lyme, but would send the blood test to the US Clinic if Tom wanted. That was years ago and Tom didn't. Tom is pursuing it now and I am encouraging him. Just to let him continue to live in denial until the results come back.
What of Toms symptoms is not typically ALS? He has an unexplainable rash that does not go away without the use of a specially designed skin cream that has a lot of camphor in it among other things. He is now dizzy most of the time.
When the doctors were giving Tom the "jug of juice" blood products to see if there was any change in his condition he developed a rash then too. That juice also made him feel really sick. What ever it was supposed to help, it was not what he had because they quit the treatment and he is still wasting away.

I have a rash for a year now too. I am depressed and suffer anxiety attacks. I have had a stiff neck for 5-6 years.
Perhaps I have Lyme disease too.

NOT. It is just so easy to get symptoms when you read about it. I have stress issues because I am a CALS.
I am so sad for everyone who has Lyme or any other disease that cannot be diagnosed easily and quickly and especially for everyone who is trapped without hope for a cure.
That is why I cry to hear Tom clinging to the hope that he has Lyme.