View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 AM #15 (permalink)

kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
City: Auburn
State: Alabama
kelly11016 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Two rashes - Lyme Testing

Hey buddy,hi

I think they are concerned with my severe hyperflexia, muscle spasms, and weakness progressing in my leg. Even though, as the days go on, my symptoms are becoming more systematic rather than focal. One thing they noted about my hyperflexia is that is is symmetrical so hence the order for the cervical and thoracic spine MRI to check for MS lesions or compression. Also one of my doctors, was caught up in a sticky situation in which my nurses friends husband was diagnosed with Lyme's disease then ALS only to be re-diagnosed with Lymes. By the time they got back on the right track with Lyme's he was already too far gone and is not being treated for Lymes and is bedridden. Which scares me but hey one day at a time. I have 2 clean EMGs thus far! I get one every time I go to neuro again very thankful my neuro is my bffs hubby He is putting his bets in MS he has many ALS patients and he says he would know instantly when sticking me with the EMG if I had LMN damage.

About the LP for Lyme's...it is extremely unreliable...we will use myself as a case example once I get my LP back...I tested strong double positive by LabCorp twice and I'll be willing to be anything my LP comes back negative for lyme's...any takers? j/k

Anyway I'm just taking it day by day and have found my supplements and diet change have made the most difference. Oh and something new...besides severe nightsweats....my lymph nodes are swollen and painful.