View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM #14 (permalink)

rob9920 is on a distinguished road
City: Toronto
State: Ont
rob9920 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Two rashes - Lyme Testing

Irismarie,

From what I have read, a lumbar puncture test is is only about 50% accurate.... Hence it can't be used to rule out anything. I'm not sure how it is France, but here in Canada, only a few Dr's knows about Lyme and how to test for it, what sort of symptoms it could manifest, or how to treat it. My recommendation is that if you don't have a diagnosis, have severe symptoms that could be caused by Lyme, and EMG's/Tests that say you don;t have ALS, MS etc, Lyme is still a very big possibility. (It has to be something) In this case, you need to find a Dr. who actually knows about Lyme and investigate further. The alternative is whait and see?

A prominent Toronto Businessman just died a couple of months ago from Lyme, and his wife was talking on the radio about the lack of adequate testing. He had all the tests done on him and with his $$$$ and connections, I am sure he had a lumbar puncture test, and they still had no clue what was wrong with him. After three years and seeing Dr’s in Canada, US, and Germany, he was finally diagnosed in the US. He had Lyme.

Limegreen,

Not sure why anybody would think you have anything else other than Lyme. From what I gather, you have way to many symptoms for it to be MS. MS can cause a wide variety of symptoms, but not all at once! And some of your symptoms don’t match with MS, and certainly not ALS!

It can take months before you see improvements in Lyme. I was told that it will take me a year to recover…. You need to find yourself a good Lime Dr. and he will give you better insight and help calm your worries….