View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM #7 (permalink)

rob9920 is on a distinguished road
City: Toronto
State: Ont
rob9920 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Two rashes - Lyme Testing

Great website Joanne,

I see that one really needs to inform themselves and push the medical community since it seems that no Dr. even wants to get involved with Lyme. I saw a private Dr. last week and he stated that their is a very good chance that I have Lyme as I have some very distinct symptoms, but it will be very difficult to find anybody to treat me. He said that their are only 2 dr's in Ontario that are treating Lyme, amd one of them is being threatened of losing his license and will not see any new patients. I did watch the movie Under My Skin, and it's shocking one how the Dr's are being persecuted and sued by the insurance and medical community. It's no wonder nobody wants to treat Lyme patients.

At least I have found a couple of Dr's who seem to think I have lyme nd it's on the radar. The first dr wanted to start me on antibiotics but then backed off and said she needs to follow the government guideline and I need a positive on the Canadian test. I tested indeterminate in the Test, a test which has a 90% false negative rate. The private Dr said that indeterminate should be Taken as a positive. I guess will have to keep pushing. But it looks like Canada and the US might be like pushing against a brick wall.

Are their other options out there? The rest of the world can't be so anal. Is Europe any better? How about Asia?

Thanks,

Buddy