View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 10:53 AM #12 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

susan14426 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Orlando
State: Fl
Diagnosed: 08/2011
susan14426 is on a distinguished road
Default re: Could this by Lyme or slowly progressing ALS?

Please people, before you go through any lyme disease treatments--please read this article and do a little research. Unproved Lyme Disease Tests Prompt Warnings - New York Times

There are companies out there that will take advantage of people--it happens every day. Long courses of antibiotics can be harmful--so at least research where these Lyme docs send out for your labs.

Lyme disease usually produces a very distinctive bulls eye rash--while it could be hidden in the hair and not noticed--again--be careful. There are a lot of mimics for ALS--many treatable--just don't get suckered in to a treatment that may ultimately more harmful than beneficial.

I looked into Lyme--because I have such a wild host of things that don't fit the ALS the neuro suspects--but stick with the standard FDA approved tests for the disease.

Most people would notice an engorged tick on their bodies. I lived in the country--found ticks on myself more times than I can count--but there is no way I'm paying some grifter doc or lab to 'treat' Lyme disease unless some approved by the Govt. test shows I have it.

The CDC website has some interesting information on Lyme disease.